Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Change In Plans May 2, 2013

Well friends, I'm not even sure where to start or what to say.  After a few tough days and waking today in his own bed, Garrett was feeling on top of the world.  He was as giddy as he'd been for some time, KNOWING that the bad part was behind us.  Unfortunately, the pathology report came back today with less than optimal news.

Garrett's left ventricle, showing those pressures that were not what the doctors wanted to see, was because he's in rejection again.  A very aggressive attack has begun on his heart and we are headed back to the hospital first thing in the morning.  Garrett will undergo a surgical procedure to put in a 'pic' line and begin infusion, in-patient treatments immediately.  The CT scan also shows sinus disease.  Since there is a direct relationship between the sinus' and the heart, treatment will begin immediately there, too.

We don't know why we have to go down this road again.  Garrett is scared, but also a little mad.  He was crying today and told me "daddy, I'm sorry I let you down.  I guess I didn't take good enough care of myself."  I've done my best to help him understand tonight that he's done nothing wrong.  This is just the way it is right now and we'll just have to stay strong and warrior through it.  To Cowboy Up.  He smiled and told me that we'll just have to knock this one out of the park.  His strength and resolve is encouraging.   I just wish he didn't have to show it so often.

I can't say more right now.  We won't know how long we'll be in Denver for a few more days, but I'll post when I know.  As we all knelt and prayed together tonight, we asked God for strength and courage for the upcoming fight.  We pray it's not as tough at 2010.  I know HE has the perfect plan and somehow this is part of it.  We'll keep trying to serve Him as best we can.

In Jesus' sweet name,

JD


3 comments:

Unknown said...

JD we are praying for you guys. And my heart is breaking with yours. But you are so right our God has a plan and we can take comfort in Him. If there is anything you guys need I will do all I can to help.
God bless
John Godwin

Lisa Bruntz said...

Garrett, we are praying for you. How big is our God and how great is his love for you. May He lend youa ll His Warrior strength. We love and admire you.
Rest deeply as He watches over you all the while.

Mrs Bruntz, Nic Bruntz and the rest of our gang.

Unknown said...

Jd, Garrett and family. Our hearts, thoughts, and prayers are with you during this challenging time. Garrett, I know you are strong like your dad and the two of you have many adventures ahead! I look forward to the three of us hunting great beasts together! Keep your chin up and focus on better days, love the Sarkisian's.