Wednesday, April 21, 2010

April 21, 2010

Just a short update tonight. Garrett is feeling better today. We were litterally up until 5am trying to get him comfortable through the night. He kept waking up in agony. I had to hold his arms down a couple of times to keep him from scratching himself. He woke up better this morning and wanted to play. We did get him to rest some today. I knew he'd just want to charge on if he woke up feeling better.

Tonight it got a little tougher toward evening, but the Rx kicked in and his rash is much, much better. He no longer looks like a burn victim. Now it's more like a bad case of chicken pox.

He gets jabbed in the morning for a blood test and check up. We'll know more by late morning, but I sure don't anticipate they will re-admit him at this point.

He showed me who he is, again, tonight. A heart transplant friend of his was admitted for a day for some issues of his own. Garrett has been very concerned, in the midst of his own substantial discomfort, and want to do something for his friend. We pray and hope for his speedy recovery, with our little warrior's prayers leading the way.

Remember to hit your knees tonight so you can land on your feet in the morning.

G'nite.

JD

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so amazed at you J.R. I love reading your story each and everyday.
I pray each day, many times a day for Garrett and his family. Levi, as well. We love you here in Alabama and know OUR GOD can do wonderful and healing things in our lives. Love, Vickie

Christy said...

Hey Garrett! Sorry I didn't get to call you yesterday, I will call today after school. I hope your rash is feeling better and all goes well at the doctor today. Have a good day.

Gavin

Tom said...

A "warrior" indeed. My thoughts and prayers are with you.