Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1, 2010

Garrett's check up today showed that his anti-rejection blood levels are a little off, so they re-adjusted his meds again. More of that ol' balancing act. We learned that they didn't see any changes in his heart echo, which was a little disappointing but we're grateful it at least didn't go backward again. The past few had shown definate improvement in his heart function and the doctors told us that they need to see continued improvement. Obviously we wanted improvement, but it could just take a while.

On the brighter side, Garrett's little rash has subsided and his other issues were better tonight. He told me on the phone that he didn't feel "great" but he felt "good enough". I'll go with that. We can't be too selfish and have to remember that patience truly is a virtue.

I want to share part of a note that my sweet niece gave to me today when I got home. She is such a special lady and has a great walk with Christ. In her note, she wrote to me the following - "Never forget that you are enclosed in the most Sacred Heart of Jesus and it is there that He will protect you and reward you."

Here's hoping that the Sacred Heart of Jesus envelopes you all for a wonderfully blessed week.

In Him,

JD

No comments: