Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3, 2010

Jessi and I were laying in bed tonight reading scripture and I read the story in Matthew where Christ tells us how to pray. I’ve read that story many times before, but tonight it struck me and I hope God does not consider me a hypocrite by praying publicly in this forum. Please understand that I use this opportunity as a means to share Garrett’s story, but also to share my sincere love of Jesus Christ.

His checkup today went well. Kathy said the bloodwork is stabilizing with no changes, so we don’t have to add any more meds this week. We still don’t have any report on the echo because the doctor was busy and didn’t get a chance to see it today. Hopefully tomorrow. The nurses said that he looks good, though. Everything considered, he’s showing improvement. We’re blessed!

Today is Kathy’s birthday. Because of the crazy situation we find ourselves in, I couldn’t be with her on her big day. Still have bills to pay so I found myself at work. After all she's been through, she deserved to have a special day, just for her. I’ll make it up to her. Take care of those who take care of you. When the chips are down, you need someone to hold your hand and pray with you.

I’m reminded tonight of the centurion who only asked that Jesus say the word and his servant would be healed. I am a modern day centurion who wears the uniform of authority and has soldiers (police officers) under my command. I, too, do not deserve to have Jesus in my life. But I know with every ounce of faith within me that should Jesus but say the word and Garrett will be healed.

Have a tremendous weekend and enjoy all the wonders our Creator has made.

4 comments:

LizAdelle said...

""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

I continue to pray on Garrett's behalf. May God abundantly bless each of you today as you seek His will.

Have a blessed Birthday, Kathy!

Barb said...

I would just like to tell Kathy thank you so very much for letting me spend a few hours with Garrett last night..I had the most remarkable evening with my Buddy. It was so great to see him laugh, joke around, play games and he just seemed to enjoy himself as much as I enjoyed being there with him. I would have traded those few hours for anything!! I love you guys so much and will continue to lift all of you up in my prayers each and every day.

Barb said...

I should have proof read my last comment--It should have stated that I would NOT have traded those few hours for anything!! Love Ya!!

Vpatt said...

JD, "hypocrite" would be the LAST word that would descripe you. You are the most selfless, giving , caring, and god fearing man I know. Everything that you and your family have been thru and you all still are strong. Your family is a model of what being a christian family is. I wish there were more people in this world like you. Please continue to do what you are doing because it seems to be working. Please remeber that Megan's entire family continues to prayer for your family.

Victoria

PS HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY KATHI !!!