Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010 (third post)

How powerful is community? How powerful is God's love? No man could be more proud of what my children have done. Garrett's story has touched a bunch of folks. Tom Urbani, former Cardinal's pitcher wrote today "He's brought a whole community together. I'm honored to call him my friend....."
After reading my emails, I just had to share this picture. It brought me up.
Tom was referring to a car wash held today to benefit the High Plains Little League and Garrett. In the snow and cold wind, cars were lined up, I'm told. So many incredible kids braved the cold to show Garrett they want their friend back on the diamond. This picture says it all. What a great community. "Thanks" will never be enough.

3 comments:

R & G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
R & G said...

Hey Ross family - The car wash was a success it was amazing to see not only the cars that showed up but also the number of players and parents that turned out! It was amazing and the energy at the wash was contagious. There were no complaints lots of laughs and fun! I know several parents marveled at the intensity of the kids!

Glad to see he had some good days and got to throw the ball around! Look forward to have him on the field again real soon!

Prayers continue for you and your family.

Take care
Rollie Corneliusen

**** April **** said...

... I am not surprised by this at all... they know you and your family. Who WOULDN'T get out there for your little guy? Seriously!